Fermented Radish Salsa
- Yield: Makes about 4 cups
- 2 bunches radishes, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes, about 3 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons Celtic sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss until incorporated. Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Spoon the salsa into a large wide-mouth mason jar. Using a muddler, press the radish mixture so the juices cover the salsa. You might need to press several times to help the juices release from the radishes. Loosely screw the lid on top of the jar.
- Place the salsa in a dark, cool spot in the pantry. Let sit for 48 hours. You’ll notice if you stir the salsa there will be bubbles. That’s a good thing! It means the salsa has fermented. Store in the fridge.
- Note: I only test the recipes on my site with the listed ingredients and measurements. If you would like to try a substitution, you’re welcome to share what you used and how it turned out in the comments below. Thanks!