Green Beans with Brown Butter and Pepitas
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (I like to coat them in a little bit of butter and bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a large saute pan over medium-low heat until brown and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally. Add green beans and toss in the butter until there are spotty brown marks on the beans, about 3-4 minutes. Make a well in the center of the pan and add the garlic. Stir garlic in the center of the pan until fragrant, about 30 seconds and then stir into beans. Remove from heat, toss pumpkin seeds into the beans, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.