Oven BBQ Chicken (Grain-Free, Paleo)
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Diet: Gluten Free
For the BBQ Sauce:
For the chicken:
- 1 whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- Place all of the BBQ sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan and whisk until incorporated. Heat over medium-low for about 5 minutes, until hot. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and adjust rack to middle position. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chicken on the baking sheet skin-side down. Roast for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and using a pair of tongs, flip each piece of chicken. Using a pastry brush, baste each piece of meat (top and bottom) with the BBQ sauce. Roast for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and baste the tops with more BBQ sauce. Roast for another 10 minutes and baste again with the BBQ sauce. Repeat the process of roasting for 10 minutes and basting until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is starting to turn brown on the edges. Serve warm.
- Note: I only test the recipes on my site with the listed ingredients and measurements. If you would like to try a substitution, you are welcome to share what you used and how it turned out in the comments below. Thanks!
Keywords: oven bbq chicken