Peach Cobbler (Grain-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free, Gluten-Free)
- Author: Carrie Vitt
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
For the peach filling:
- 3 ten-ounce bags of sliced frozen peaches, thawed (or about 10 cups of fresh peaches, peeled and cut into wedges)
- 1/3 cup maple sugar or organic cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
For the topping:
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon maple sugar or organic cane sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 2 large eggs, beaten (or make a double-batch of my gelatin egg recipe. I tested the recipe with the gelatin eggs and it works beautifully!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and adjust the rack to the middle position. Place the peaches in a large mixing bowl. Remove about one quarter of the peaches and chop them.
- Combine the chopped peaches, maple sugar, arrowroot flour, lemon juice and water in a medium saucepan and heat over medium, stirring constantly until the liquid begins to thicken. Remove from the heat and pour the hot peach mixture over the remaining cold peaches and stir to combine. Pour the peach mixture into an 8 x 11 x 2-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Place the coconut flour, arrowroot flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar, and baking powder into the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse 15-20 times, until it is the size of peas. Add the beaten eggs and vanilla and pulse until the mixture is evenly moistened. Spoon dollops of the dough onto the peaches and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the topping is just turning golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes and then serve.