Cranberry Bread (Grain-Free)
- Yield: Makes one 9x4" loaf
- Place the cranberries and rum in a small saucepan and heat over low. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the berries soak up the rum and the liquid is gone (the cranberries will be damp – don’t cook the cranberries until they’re completely dry). Set aside and cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF and adjust the rack to the middle position. Butter and flour a 9”x4” glass baking pan. Place the cooled butter, maple sugar, eggs, sour cream and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, gelatin, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Pour 1/3 of the flour mixture into the wet mixture and stir to combine. Add 1/2 of the remaining flour mixture and stir until combined. Add the remaining flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in the plumped cranberries. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and let sit for 5 minutes before placing in the oven. Bake for 1 hour and 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown and when tested with a cake tester, the tester comes out clean (I know this seems like a long time to bake the loaf, but it takes this long for the batter to bake all the way through).
- Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack. Cool completely. Serve.