Spikenard essential oil comes from a flowering plant of the Valerian family and has been used for thousands of years. It’s composed of 10 monoterpenes (which help reprogram miswritten information in cellular memory) and 34 sesquiterpenes (which can help erase or deprogram miswritten codes in cellular memory).
Pretty interesting, right?!
So, what does it smell like? To me, it smells like vitamins. So, it’s not an oil that I would necessarily use for perfume, but instead, I would focus on its therapeutic uses.
Here are my 10 favorite ways to use Spikenard Essential Oil:
- Add 1-2 drops to your favorite moisturizer to promote glowing skin.
- Mix 1 drop with Fractionated Coconut Oil to relieve itching.
- Rub 1-2 drops over the abdomen for occasional constipation.
- Rub 1-2 drops on the bottoms of the feet before bed to help calm and relax the body.
- Rub 1-2 drops on the bottoms of the feet each day to help balance hormone production in the body.
- Rub 1 drop on the skin to reduce the appearance of scars.
- Spikenard has an ORAC score of 54,800 and is a great oil to rub over a cut or scrape to help infuse the area with extra antioxidants.
- Rub 1 drop of Spikenard on the bottoms of the feet each day for daily immune support. This would also be a great oil to add to your favorite daily immune support blend!
- Rub 1 drop of Spikenard and 1 drop Eucalyptus over the chest and lungs to support the respiratory system.
- Diffuse 2 drops Spikenard, 2 drops Lavender, and 2 drops Ylang Ylang to help reduce stress and relax the body.
If you’d like to learn about more ways to use essential oils, click here to get my 50 Practical Ways to Use Essential Oils cheat sheet sent to your inbox!