Beet Kvass is a traditional fermented Russian drink that supports healthy liver detoxification, contains various nutrients, and only requires 3 ingredients!
What Are the Health Benefits of Beet Kvass?
1. It’s a natural source of probiotics, B vitamins, vitamin C, and minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
2. It supports healthy liver detoxification, helps thin the bile in the gallbladder, and can be a good treatment for kidney stones.
3. It’s very useful to drink prior to conception to help reduce morning sickness during pregnancy. Morning sickness is often rooted in liver congestion, so taking steps to support the liver for about 6 months prior to conceiving can help reduce morning sickness.
4. Brown spot on the cheeks or on the tops of the hands, also known as liver spots, can be reduced by drinking 4 ounces of kvass daily. If you have liver spots on the face or hands, I also recommend following these steps to help gently detoxify the liver.
5. Kvass benefits gut health and the digestive system.
What Does Beet Kvass Taste Like?
Beet kvass is a fermented food like sauerkraut or kimchi. It’s salty, sour and earthy. If you like the flavor of beets, you’ll most likely enjoy the flavor. I personally don’t love the flavor of kvass, but I drink it daily because it has so many health benefits!
How Do I Make Beet Kvass?
It’s actually a very simple combo of only water, salt and beets. Watch the video below for step-by-step instructions.
How Much Beet Kvass Should I Drink Daily?
I recommend starting with 3-4 ounces each morning on an empty stomach. Then, work up to drinking about 6 ounces a day.