This recipe for crock pot chicken fajitas combines the ease of the slow cooker with vibrant, fresh flavors.
The chicken marinates overnight then goes into the slow cooker with the vegetables in the morning.
Marinating the meat the night before is an easy way to give slow cooker dishes loads of extra flavor. Don’t forget to serve this up with some Mexican “Rice”!Print
Crock Pot Chicken Fajita Bowl (Grain-Free, Paleo)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 16 hours
- Category: Main Dish
- Diet: Gluten Free
For the marinade:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
Vegetables and Spices:
- 2 yellow onions, sliced thin
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced thin
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons powdered garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (15.5 ounce) jar organic salsa
- Sour cream (omit for Paleo and dairy free)
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped avocado
- Lime wedges, for spritzing
- Shredded cheddar cheese (omit for Paleo and dairy free)
- Place chicken in a baking dish. Whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice and garlic powder in a small measuring cup. Pour olive oil mixture over the chicken. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- The next morning, place onions and bell peppers in the bottom of a slow cooker. Sprinkle the powdered garlic and cumin over the vegetables. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and pour marinade over it all. Pour the salsa evenly over the chicken. Put the lid on, and cook on low for 7-8 hours until chicken is cooked through and fork tender.
- Remove chicken and shred. Serve chicken with peppers and toppings. I also like to serve this dish with Mexican “Rice” (it’s grain-free!).
- Serving Size: Serves 4-6
Keywords: crock pot chicken fajita bowl
Photo Credit: Becky Winklerchi
Captured by Jess
Kelly @ The Nourishing Home