Pumpkin cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts to serve during the fall!
The crust is blitzed in the food processor, pressed into a pan and baked. The filling is whipped together and all it needs is a good chill in the refrigerator. No baking!
Pumpkin Cheesecake (Grain Free, Gluten Free)
I chose to keep the sweetness on the lighter side, so make sure to serve this cheesecake with the caramel sauce. If you prefer, you can add an additional 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to the filling.
Inspired by the No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake from Martha Stewart Magazine.
For the crust:
- 2 cups dehydrated nuts – almonds or pecans (I used this recipe and left out the maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup organic whole cane sugar or sucanat
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup cooked and pureed pumpkin (you can also use organic canned pumpkin)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon [unflavored gelatin|https://amzn.to/3mZmnVs
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place nuts, whole cane sugar and butter in the bowl of a food proessor. Pulse until finely ground. Press crust in the bottom of a buttered 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool.
- Place sour cream, 1/2 cup maple syrup, mascarpone, cream cheese, goat cheese, pumpkin and pumpkin spice into the bowl of a mixer. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes. Sprinkle gelatin over cream cheese mixture and mix for an additional 1 minute. Pass mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl. Pour heavy cream into the now empty mixing bowl. Whisk on medium high, slowly adding the remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Whisk until medium peaks form. Fold whipped cream into pumpkin mixture. Pour filling over cooled crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate for 4 hours until firm.
- Serve with whipped cream (optional) and maple caramel sauce)
- Serving Size: Serves 10
Photo Credit: Becky Winkler