A slow cooker sausage breakfast casserole is a great recipe to make for lazy weekends, when family is visiting or during the holidays.
It’s a combination of shredded russet potatoes, sausage, cheese, eggs and a bit of seasoning. You combine it all the night before, set the slow cooker to low and wake up to a hot breakfast for the entire family. It even stays warm for the ‘late risers’.
Slow Cooker Sausage Breakfast Casserole (Grain-Free)
You can use different cheeses or add some of your favorite herbs and spices to this recipe. If you prefer, you can serve with sour cream. Adapted from Jimmy Dean.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 6 large russet potatoes, shredded
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Celtic sea salt
- 1 pound spicy raw breakfast sausage (you can also use ground pork or chicken and add some herbs and spices)
- 12 large eggs, whisked
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Place shredded russets in the bowl of the slow cooker. Pour butter overtop and season with sea salt.
- Toss to combine. Using your hands, place small pieces of sausage in an even layer over the top of the potato mixture.
- Pour whisked eggs overtop. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve with green onions.
- Serving Size: Serves 10
Keywords: slow cooker sausage breakfast casserole
Kelly @ The Nourishing Home