Creamy Lemon Ice Cream makes for a great finish to just about any meal!
The sour cream makes the ice cream ultra-creamy. For a dairy-free version, you can use coconut cream and a good store-bought dairy-free sour cream or you can make your own.
I definitely recommend using fresh lemon juice for a bright and clean lemon flavor.
I make all of my ice cream in this ice cream maker. I purchased mine 20 years ago and it’s still going strong!
Here are some other ice cream recipes I think you’ll enjoy!
Rum Raisin Ice Cream
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Apricot Ice Cream
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Creamy Lemon Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup honey (I like to use a light honey like this one for the best flavor)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (or coconut cream for dairy-free)
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 2 cups sour cream or creme fraiche (or dairy-free sour cream)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Whisk the honey, arrowroot, cream and salt together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, while whisking constantly for 1-2 minutes until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the sour cream a little bit at a time so it doesn’t curdle. Whisk in the lemon juice and pour mixture into a large bowl. Cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until completely chilled. As an alternative, you can fill a large bowl with ice and set the bowl of lemon cream on top. The cream mixture should be cold enough to put into the ice cream maker in about 45 minutes.
- Freeze the mixture in the ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Here is the ice cream maker I use. I purchased it over 20 years ago and it’s still working perfectly!
- Serving Size: 4