These Greek meatballs are delicious on their own, but can be taken to a whole new level with tzatziki sauce.
Ground beef is one of the most economical grass-fed meats, so I often cook with it at home. I’ve found that most farms will offer a discount when you buy ground meat in bulk, so I always have a stash in the freezer. You can use it to make meatballs, meatloaf, cottage pie, taco bowls, and much more!
The meatballs can be made ahead of time and frozen after baking. When kept in an airtight container, they will last for about 3 months in the freezer and can easily be reheated in the oven (I usually reheat the meatballs at 350 for about 15 minutes). Serve them with roasted potatoes and sliced cucumbers and you’ve got yourself a nutrient-dense, quick, delicious meal!
Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce (Grain-Free)
Adapted from Good Housekeeping.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Diet: Gluten Free
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 large egg (or 2 egg yolks if you need to avoid whites)
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 cup grated seedless cucumber (this is about 1/2 of a large cucumber)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and adjust rack to the middle position. Place all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Using your hands, massage the mixture until combined. Using a 2-inch cookie scoop, spoon the meatball mixture into balls and place each meatball on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until cooked through.
- Place all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Serve meatballs with tzatziki sauce.
- Serving Size: Serves 4