A Beef Taco Bowl has been one of my go-to meals for years now!
The beef taco bowl is a combination of grass-fed beef sautéed with onions, garlic and cumin. It’s served over some soaked brown rice or cauliflower rice and then you can add any toppings you’d like! I usually top my bowl with avocado, cilantro, raw cheddar, sour cream, tomato (or fermented salsa) and a squeeze of lime.
The beauty of this recipe is that everything can be made ahead of time. You can make a pot of rice or cauliflower rice and then sauté the beef and onions and store in the fridge. Then, reheat a small portion of rice and beef on the stove and then add the toppings.
You can also make this meal adapt to whatever dietary restrictions you have right now. Can’t do dairy? Drop the sour cream and cheese. Can’t have grains right now? Serve with cauliflower rice or just omit the rice. I love the versatility!
This ground beef, onion and spice mixture also makes a fabulous, quick taco meat. You can also use it as a base for burritos or tacos. The Siete burrito wraps or sprouted corn tortillas can be a good option depending on your dietary needs right now.
Here are some additional ground beef recipes you might enjoy:
Meatballs with Marinara
Greek-Style Meatballs with Tzatziki
Homemade Hamburger Helper
Beef Taco Bowl
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or ghee
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef (grass-fed and organic preferred)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups cooked, soaked brown rice or cauliflower rice
- Tomatoes or fermented salsa, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, raw cheese (omit for dairy free), for garnish
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes until soft and just beginning to brown. Add ground beef and cook about 8-10 minutes, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon until no large chunks remain. Make a well in the center of the pan and add the cumin, garlic and salt. Stir spices in the middle of the pan until fragrant, about 30 seconds, and then stir into the meat mixture.
- Serve meat with rice and toppings of your choice.
- Serving Size: 4