This apple, bacon and sausage breakfast skillet has become a favorite in our house. All you have to do is cook up the bacon and sausage, add the apples, and you’re done!
This dish is delicious served alone, or great as part of a large weekend breakfast. You need to give this one a try – I’m sure it’ll become a staple in your home, too!Print
Sausage, Bacon and Apple Breakfast Skillet
- 8 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces sausage links, cut into small coins
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (omit for dairy-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring often, until it’s crispy. Add the sausage to the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the sausage is just turning golden brown on the edges. (At this point, if there’s more than a tablespoon or two of fat in the bottom of the pan, drain the pan). Add the apples and cook for about 1 minute until the apples are hot. Add the butter and stir until melted. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4-6
Photo Credit: Becky Winkler