It’s been a long time since I had a meal that I was already craving the next day! This recipe for skirt steak with roasted beans, tomatoes and basil vinaigrette is refreshing, satisfying and such a perfect dinner for the summer months.
You can change up the cut of steak if you’d like, and you can switch out the vegetables for others such as: squash, zucchini, broccoli, eggplant, bell peppers, etc. But I would keep the vinaigrette just as written. And, you’ll probably want to make extra because it tastes good on just about every vegetable and meat in the kitchen.Print
Skirt Steak with Green Beans, Tomatoes and Basil Vinaigrette
Adapted from Bon Appetit.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
For the Vegetables:
- 1 pound green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ghee, melted (or tallow for dairy-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
For the Steaks:
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF and adjust the rack to the middle position. Place the green beans and tomatoes in a large baking dish. Add the ghee and sea salt and toss to combine. Roast vegetables for 15-20 minutes, until the skins on the tomatoes begin to burst and the green beans are just becoming golden brown on the edges.
- Preheat a grill pan or grill over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the steaks with sea salt. Grill 2-3 minutes per side until medium-rare (or to your desired doneness). Place steaks on a plate and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the shallot, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, basil and sea salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cut the steaks, against the grain, into strips and serve with vegetables and basil vinaigrette.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
Photos by Becky Winkler