Strawberries and lemons are such a fun summer combo, so I thought it would be fun to give you a recipe for strawberry lemonade muffins! These muffins have a strong lemon flavor with fresh chopped strawberries throughout.
Here are some muffin tips for you:
- If you’d like you can switch out the strawberries for blueberries or even raspberries!. Whichever berries you choose, I would use fresh berries and not frozen.
- Make the muffins ahead of time, freeze them, and then reheat in a 300ºF oven for about 20 minutes and they will taste like you just baked them! This is really helpful if you’ve got house guests.
- To prevent any aluminum from leaching into the muffins, use unbleached muffin liners, or use an oiled stainless steel muffin pan.
- When baking with honey, I prefer to use a light colored honey such as Really Raw, Y.S. Organic or Tropical Traditions because of its light flavor. In my experience, other wild honey can overpower the flavor of the recipe, but a light honey adds sweetness without any added flowery aromas.
Here are some more naturally sweetened grain-free muffins you might enjoy!Print
Strawberry Lemonade Muffins
- Yield: Makes about 18 muffins
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup whole plain yogurt (you can use a dairy-free yogurt if needed), room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Zest of 2 organic lemons
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and adjust the rack to the middle position.
- Place the honey and eggs in the bowl of a standing mixer and beat on medium-high for 5 minutes.
- Combine the coconut oil, yogurt and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Slowly beat in the coconut mixture into the egg mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and lemon zest. Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg and lemon mixture. Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon the batter into a lined muffin pan. Bake for 16-18 minutes until just turning golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1