I have fond memories of my Mom making Morning Glory Muffins for our family when I was a kid. I’ve missed having these muffins, so I recreated my Mom’s recipe using grain-free ingredients!
These nutrient-dense muffins are packed with vegetables, fruits, nuts and spices. They’re very filing and a nice treat for breakfast.
These muffins freeze well and I recommend reheating in the oven so you’ll have that just-baked-in-the-oven texture.
Morning Glory Muffins (Grain-Free)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Makes 2 dozen
- 2 1/3 cups almond flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 grated large apple (I used Pink Lady)
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup [palm shortening|https://healthytraditions.com/healthytraditions/traditional-food/edible-oils/palm-shortening.html
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and adjust the rack to the middle position. Stir together almond flour, coconut flour, gelatin, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, carrots, apple, coconut, raisins, and pecans in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the pineapple, eggs, palm shortening and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated. Spoon the batter into a muffin tin lined with baking cups. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1
Photo Credit: Becky Winkler