I’ve always been a fan of turkey roulade. I love the impressive presentation and the flexibility to fill the meat with a variety of vegetables and spices. Spinach is a common filling and I enjoy using it because it cooks down quickly and picks up the other flavors in the pan. You can make this beautiful dish during the holidays – it’s a bit less daunting than making a large turkey or ham.
I’m just getting to all of my Christmas shopping and thought I’d share with you some of my favorite gifts for the season.
1. The Grain-Free Family Table – Over 125 grain-free, Paleo recipes! I’m a bit biased, but I think it makes for a fantastic gift!
2. Pixie Dust Nail Polish – I like using Zoya polish because they eliminate toluene, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and DBP from its polishes. This color is lovely for the holidays!
3. Eminence Poppy Seed Scrub -This is my favorite organic polisher. All-natural ingredients!
4. Hand Immulsion Blender -This tool is incredibly helpful for pureeing soups or making a quick smoothie.
5. Adjustable Measuring Spoons – A great stocking stuffer! These are very compact and easy to clean.
6. Longboard – A new take on the traditional skateboard (longer and easier!). My kids have this on their Christmas list.
7. Insulated Wheeled Soft Cooler – This is ideal for those who shop at the farmer’s market. It keeps your produce cold and easy to transport.
8. Soda Stream – My kids love this at-home “sparkler” (that’s their name for it). It’s a super fun gadget! We don’t use the flavor packets, but instead make up our own combinations.
9. 100% Soapstone Whiskey Chilling Rocks – These rocks keep your drink at an even 50 degrees. A nice bottle of scotch and these rocks would make for a fabulous gift.
10. Polka Dots Pleats Apron – I love having a cute (and clean!) apron to pop on when guests come over as I finish prepping the food. Anthropologie dozens of cute options.
11. Kitchen Aid Copper Mixer – A Kitchen Aid mixer lasts for decades (I’ve had mine for 16 years and it’s still going strong!). This color is simply stunning!
12. Kombucha Starter Kit – I’ve given this kit to many friends who were intimidated to make their first batch of kombucha. It comes with everything you need to get your first batch going and comes with clear and simple instructions.
13. Thermos Insulated Beverage – I can’t say enough about this container. It keeps liquids hot for up to 12 hours (and I mean piping hot!). If you know someone who commutes, or likes to have a warm beverage on hand, this is the perfect gift!
14. Porcelain Ramekins – These little containers are so versatile. You can make individual cobblers, pot pies (see the recipe in my new cookbook!), soufflés, etc. I keep one next to my stove filled with Celtic sea salt so I can season the food as I cook.
15. Beeswax Votive Candles – No petroleum or soy lingering in the air. Pure beeswax actually helps clean the air and the smell is subtle and sweet.