Green Goddess dressing is a reader favorite, but I know many of you can’t consume dairy, so I’ve got a new dairy-free green goddess recipe for you!
The cashews are soaked overnight, drained and then pureed with water, herbs, lemon, garlic, and anchovies to create a creamy all-purpose dressing.
You can use the dressing on salads, grilled or sautéed vegetables, pastured meats, or fish. It keeps for about 1 week in the fridge. Enjoy!Print
Dairy-Free Green Goddess Dressing (Paleo)
- Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups of dressing
For the Cashews:
- 3/4 cups cashews
For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped green onion, white and green parts
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets or 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- The night before, place the cashews in a bowl and cover with water and a pinch of sea salt. Let sit at room temperature overnight. The next day, or at least 8 hours later, drain the cashews and place in a blender. Add the 3/4 cup of water and blend until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1
Photo Credit: Becky Winkler
Leave a Comment