Fruit pizza was one of my favorite desserts as a kid. A soft sugar cookie topped with sweet fluffy cream cheese and fresh fruit. What’s not to love?!
If you’d like to make the dairy-free version of this recipe, you’ll need to whip some coconut cream. To do this, you simply put two cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight and place your mixing bowl in the freezer. The next day, open the cans – don’t turn the cans over or shake them. The coconut cream will have risen to the top, so carefully ladle out the bright white creamy top with a spoon (I got about 1/2 cup coconut cream off of the top of each can of coconut milk). Pour the coconut cream into the frozen bowl and begin whipping. In about 1-2 minutes, you’ll have whipped coconut cream!
One thing to keep in mind – it’s imperative you buy the correct brand of coconut milk because some coconut milks don’t separate. My favorite coconut milk brand to use for whipped coconut cream is Native Forest. When I tested this recipe with whipped coconut cream, I used the remaining coconut milk left at the bottom of the can for the filling. This way there’s no waste.
You can also purchase coconut cream. I prefer the Native Forest brand.
You can swap out different fruits depending on what’s in season, or if you’re making this dessert for a specific holiday. Blueberries and strawberries are fun for July 4th or figs, pears and pomegranate for Thanksgiving!Print
Fruit Pizza (Grain Free, Paleo)
For the crust:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (I prefer Bernard Jensen)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (or coconut oil), melted
- 1/4 cup raw honey (I prefer a light honey like clover)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked overnight, drained
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut cream, whipped (see instructions above for coconut cream)
- 3 pints berries and fruits
Filling with Dairy:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons raw honey (I use really raw light colored honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and adjust rack to middle position. Whisk almond flour, coconut flour, gelatin, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in melted butter, honey and vanilla until a dough forms. Spoon dough onto a 12-inch diameter round baking pan lined with a round piece of parchment paper (a pizza pan works well for this). Evenly press dough into the bottom of the pan so that it covers the diameter of the pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes until just golden brown. Cool completely.
- For the dairy-free topping: Place soaked cashews, coconut milk, raw honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend 3-5 minutes until smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl and fold in whipped cream (or coconut cream).
- For the topping with dairy: Place the cream cheese, honey and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
- To prepare: Pour filling over cooled crust and spread filling evenly over the crust using an off-set spatula. Place in the refrigerator and chill for 2 hours. Top with berries and fruit and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 10
Katrina @ WVS
Kelly @ The Nourishing Home
Angelina-JoJo and Eloise
Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious