A frittata loaded with seasonal vegetables is one of my favorite go-to meals. This summer vegetable frittata can be served at any meal of the day. You can serve it hot or at room temperature. It’s very versatile!
This frittata recipe makes a meal all on it’s own, or you can add some protein on the side or a quick salad.
Depending on the season, you can swap out the zucchini and peppers for other vegetables such as broccoli, roasted potatoes or carrots. The cheeses can be swapped out as well for cheddar, provolone, or whatever you’ve got on hand!
Here are some more frittata recipes you might enjoy!
Bacon, Potato and Broccoli Frittata
Tomato, Sausage and Cheese Frittata
Caramelized Onions, Sage and Sweet Potato Frittata
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 zucchini, cut into about 1 1/2” pieces
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into about 1 1/2” pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into about 1 1/2” pieces
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 4 cups arugula
- 10 eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese (you can sub with Parmigiana Reggiano)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and adjust the rack to the middle position. Place the zucchini, pepper and onion on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the ghee over the vegetables and then toss until evenly coated. Spread the vegetables out evenly on the pan. Roast for 20 minutes, until just golden on the edges.
- Pour the roasted vegetables into a large skillet and top with the arugula. Heat the pan over medium and toss until the arugula is wilted.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, sea salt, pepper and Pecorino Romano cheese in a large bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and stir gently to combine. Let the mixture cook for 2 minutes on the stove. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese overtop and then bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the chase is just turning golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes and then slice into wedges and serve.
- Serving Size: 6
Leave a Comment