A Breakfast Frittata with sausage, tomatoes and cheese is a fantastic way to start the day!
I love a good, hearty breakfast, but many weekend mornings I don’t want to spend the time right after waking up to prep them. My oven-baked breakfast frittata takes the morning prep out of the equation. You can fry, mix, and pour all of the ingredients, put them in a baking dish and store them in the fridge overnight. The next morning, you can pop it in the oven. . .about one hour later, you’ll have a nutrient-dense breakfast for the entire family!
This would be a fun breakfast to make this Valentine’s Day weekend!
Here are some other recipes to make your Valentine’s Day a little sweeter:
Grain-Free Angel Food Cake
Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting (Nut-Free and Grain-Free!)French Toast (Grain-Free)
Molten Lava Cake
Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake
Breakfast Frittata (Grain-Free)
Adapted from Donna Hay.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 pound sausage
- 6 pieces bacon, chopped
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 or so small tomatoes on the vine
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and adjust the rack to the middle position.
- Cook the sausage and bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until the sausage is no longer pink and the bacon is crisp.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, milk, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Place the cheese on the bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish. Top with the sausage and bacon. Pour the egg mixture over the top and place the tomatoes on top of the egg mixture. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes*.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes until eggs are set. Serve.
- *If you put this in the fridge overnight, you’ll want to add about 5-10 minutes to the baking time.
I only test the recipes on my site with the listed ingredients and measurements. If you would like to try a substitution, you are welcome to share what you used and how it turned out in the comments below. Thanks!
- Serving Size: Serves 10
Keywords: breakfast frittata with tomatoes, sausage and cheese