Baked eggs in prosciutto cups is our new favorite breakfast.
The prosciutto crisps and creates the perfect shell to hold the runny eggs. If you prefer fully-cooked eggs, you can whisk the eggs together before pouring them into the muffin pan.Print
Baked Eggs and Prosciutto Cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 8 slices proscuitto (my slices were about 6″ x 3″)
- 8 teaspoons chopped leeks
- 8 teaspoons grated raw cheddar cheese (omit for Paleo or dairy free)
- 8 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and adjust rack to middle position.
- Tear each piece of proscuitto in half and place pieces in an oiled muffin tin. (I used kitchen shears to cut the meat into small pieces, making sure each part of the muffin cup was covered with meat).
- Place 1 teaspoon chopped leeks, 1 teaspoon cheddar and crack one egg into muffin cup.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 3 minutes.
- Run a large spoon around the edge of each muffin cup and scoop it out of the pan (it should remain intact).
- Serving Size: Serves 4
Keywords: baked eggs in prosciutto cups