Greek Salad is an iconic favorite and is so easy to make at home. I’ve added sirloin kebobs that have been marinated in olive oil, red wine vinegar and garlic to add some extra protein to the dish.
Red onions can often have a very harsh flavor, but if you soak them in ice water for about 20 minutes before adding them to the salad it will take away the “bite.”
Here are some other salad recipes you might enjoy:Print
Greek Salad with Beef Kabobs
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
For the kabobs:
- 1 pound sirloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the salad:
- 6 ounces baby romaine
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (omit for dairy free)
- 1/2 English cucumber, slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
For the dressing:
- Place the sirloin in a flat dish. Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar and garlic in a measuring cup. Pour the marinade over the steak and lift the steak up so the marinade covers the bottom side of the steak as well. Let sit for 1 hour at room temperature, or 2-3 hours in the fridge. Heat the grill to medium (or you can use an indoor grilling pan). Thread the meat onto skewers and grill until medium-rare to medium, depending on your preference. Set aside.
- Place the romaine, red onion, Kalamata olives and feta cheese, cucumber and tomatoes in a salad bowl. Whisk the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and sea salt in a measuring cup. Pour the dressing over the salad. Serve the salad with the beef kabobs and season with just a bit of freshly ground black pepper.
- Serving Size: Serves 4