Caesar salad dressing is a classic recipe, is super easy to make and tastes much better than anything you can buy at the store.
This is my Mom’s recipe that I’ve been making since I was a kid. It was actually my job to make salads, and I’ve made it so many times, I have it memorized!
The dressing is a combination of garlic, lemon, Worcestershire, vinegar, Dijon, anchovy fillets, egg yolk and olive oil. Don’t get turned off by the anchovy or egg yolk. The fillets give Caesar that classic “caesar” flavor, and the egg yolk makes the dressing extra creamy.
When using raw egg yolks, make sure to purchase organic and if possible, also pastured. I often buy Vital Farms organic eggs or eggs from a local farm.
Caesar dressing can be made ahead of time, stored in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 5 days. I like to serve it over romaine lettuce and add some parm at the end. Add grilled chicken, beef, or shrimp for added protein.
Here are some more salad recipes you might enjoy:
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad with Avocado and Tomatoes
Chicken Parmesan Salad
Copycat Olive Garden Salad
Chicken Taco Salad
Greek Salad with Beef Kabobs
Caesar Salad Dressing
Traditional Caesar salad dressing is made with raw eggs. When using raw egg yolks, I buy organic, pastured eggs and wash the egg shell water before cracking (salmonella comes from sick chickens so make sure and use good quality eggs). If you’re not comfortable with raw yolks, you can purchase pasteurized eggs at the grocery store.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 anchovy fillets (don’t worry, the dressing won’t taste fishy)
- 1 raw organic, pastured egg yolk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Place garlic and lemon juice in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes (this will help take the “bite” away from the garlic). Pour garlic mixture into a blender. Add remaining ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Adjust salt to taste. Serve.
- Serving Size: Makes 1 cup
Keywords: Caesar salad dressing
Katrina @ WVS
Marie @ Little Kitchie
Kelly @ The Nourishing Home