Watermelon and Apple Salad is pretty much the perfect salad for a hot summer day. It’s also a fun recipe to add to your July 4th celebration!
The watermelon and apples are sliced into small matchsticks and then combined with mint, cilantro, lime olive oil, and a bit of sea salt. It’s best to serve the salad straight from the fridge for the best flavor.
Here are some other easy summer fruit salads you might enjoy:
Peach and Arugula Salad Tomato, Blueberry and Burrata Salad
Watermelon and Baked Feta Salad Stone Fruit Salad with Honey-Vanilla Syrup
Chopped Waldorf salad
Watermelon and Apple Salad
Adapted from The Guardian.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 of a medium watermelon, cut into 1/4”-thick matchsticks
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and cut into 1/4”-tick matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- A pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- Toss all ingredients gently together and serve cold.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
Photo Credit: Becky Winkler