I think every back-to-school post starts with “I can’t believe the summer is gone!”. That’s exactly how I feel. Summer was great, but all of a sudden it’s time to buckle down, get back to a schedule, and start packing lunches each morning while a bit bleary-eyed, sipping on coffee.
This year I want to focus on grain free lunch ideas. At first I felt awfully limited when packing lunches without grains, but we’ve gotten the hang of it and are really amazed at how many foods you can send.
Here are some of my kid’s favorites:
Turkey and cheese wraps (I just discovered these coconut wraps!)
Plain whole yogurt topped with honey, seeds, nuts, fruits, etc.
Vegetable sticks with ranch or other dressing
Berries and other fruits
Make almond butter (or sunbutter) and jelly sandwiches using grain free pancakes as the bread. Our new favorite!
Blueberry or Pumpkin Muffins
Hot soup stored in a stainless steel insulated thermos.
Here are some of our favorites:
Cream of Vegetable Soup
Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Hard boiled eggs, deviled eggs, egg salad, etc.
Seed Crackers with cheese
Grain Free Granola
Coconut Snack Cake
Coconut Almond Candy Bars
I’m always on the lookout for new containers and such for lunches and this year we’ve loaded up on Lunchskins. Lunchskins are reusable, toxin-free, dishwasher safe velcro food bags. The kind people at Lunchskins have agreed to giveaway a combo pack of their sandwich, snack and sub bags to two lucky winners!
1. Please leave a comment below between today, August 20th through Sunday, August 26th at 11:59pm.
2. The two winners will be chosen via random.org and will will be notified via email. The two winners have three days to respond before being disqualified and a new winner chosen.
3. Contest open to US states only.
Optional Extra Entries (Please leave a separate comment for each entry):
1. If you are already fan of Deliciously Organic on Facebook please leave a comment below letting me know you are.
2. Follow Lunchskins on Twitter. Leave a comment below letting me know you are now a follower.
Deliciously Organic contacted Lunchskins about reviewing their product and was given a few Lunchskin bags for review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Deliciously Organic will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!