It’s play-off time, which usually means lots of unhealthy snacks, but there are so many ways to make your favorites nutrient-dense and chock-full of healthy ingredients. Roasted Chicken Wings are a great substitute for the conventional variety and taste so much better!
For these roasted chicken wings, I like to take pastured chicken wings, brush them with ghee and season them generously with Herbamare. They are roasted in the oven for about 90 minutes until golden.
We love dipping them in Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce.
Here are some other Game-Day favorites I think you’ll enjoy:
Loaded Baked Potato Skins
Bacon and Steak Bites
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Roasted Chicken Wings (Grain-Free, Paleo)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 4 pounds chicken wings (to find a local farm who sells pastured chicken, click here)
- 4 tablespoons ghee, melted (use tallow or lard for a dairy-free option)
- 2 tablespoons Herbamare
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and adjust the rack to the middle position. Line 2 large baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper. Divide the chicken evenly between the two pans. Using a pastry brush, brush the wings with melted ghee and then season all of the wings with Herbamare.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Using a pair of tongs, flip the wings. Roast for an additional 20-30 minutes until the wings are golden brown on both sides. Let sit for 10 minutes, and then serve.
I only test the recipes on my site with the listed ingredients and measurements. If you would like to try a substitution, you are welcome to share what you used and how it turned out in the comments below. Thanks!
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: roasted chicken wings
Keto Diet Info
Jen @ keto diet
Denmark @ Healthy Living