The end of the school year can be almost as busy as the holiday season, so it’s a great time to pull out the slow cooker! One of our recent favorites is slow cooker pepper steak because it barely takes any time to prepare and at the end of the day the meat is melt-in-your-mouth tender and full of flavor.
Easy Slow Cooker Pepper Steak (Grain-Free, Paleo)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 pounds chuck roast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 red, orange or yellow bell peppers, cut into wedges
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or gluten-free fermented Tamari
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Place the onions in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top the onions with the meat and then add the bell peppers. Whisk together the chicken broth, aminos, tomato paste and garlic and pour over the meat mixture. Gently press the vegetables and meat so the meat is submerged in the broth mixture (this helps prevent the meat from drying out). Cook for 6 hours on low. Serve over cauliflower “rice” or soaked rice.
- Serving Size: 1
Photo Credit: Becky Winkler